1 the unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container; "they tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe"; "he had to clean up the leak" [syn: escape, leak, leakage]
- Finnish: ulosvirtaus
Outflow (contrasted with inflow) may refer to:
- Capital outflow - an economic term describing capital flowing out of (or leaving) a particular economy.
- Bipolar outflow in astronomy represents two continuous flows of gas from the poles of a star.
- Discharge (hydrology) - In hydrology, the outflow or discharge of a river is the volume of water transported by it in a certain amount of time.
- Outflow (meteorology), in meteorology, is air that flows outwards from a thunderstorm.
- Outflow boundary in atmospheric science means thunderstorm-cooled air (outflow) from the surrounding air.
affluence, afflux, affluxion, blow out, concourse, confluence, conflux, course, crosscurrent, current, defluxion, discharge, downflow, downpour, drain, drain out, drainage, drift, driftage, effluence, efflux, effluxion, effusion, empty, exhalation, exhaust, find vent, flow, flow out, flowing, flowoff, fluency, flux, gush, gush out, inflow, jet, mill run, millrace, money going out, onrush, onward course, outfall, outflowing, outgo, outgoings, outlay, outpour, outpouring, pour, pour out, race, run, run out, runoff, rush, set, sluice out, spate, spendings, spew out, spout, spout out, spurt, stream, surge, tide, trend, undercurrent, undertow, vomit forth, water flow, well, well out